Monday, September 30, 2013

WOMEN'S CONFERENCE, GALS NIGHT OUT WITH SUPRISE BABY SHOWER FOR REBECCA

Dear Family,

Saturday was also the Church's Women's Conference.  Mom had organized tickets for all the gals to attend.  She found a parking spot on the street just opposite the Conference Center.  They reported the meeting was wonderful.  They did not tell me what was up later but I was suspicious there was going to be a celebratory dinner get together.  I called them after the meeting and they would not exlain but I found out they planned to go to East West Restaurant near our home.

Then Sarah Wirthlin called as it was planned that she stay here overnight when her parents, Bryan and Kristina arrived from Denver.  So I still could not get any information.  I decided to take Sarah down to the restaurant , "Do you want to go on a dinner date with Opa". When we got there, the reason everyone was so mum about the event was that this was a surprise baby shower for Rebecca and they could not talk about it.  So here they all are with Rebecca, Suz, Emily,Cathy, Cheryl and Kaley in the front; Sarah, Mom and Kristina in the back. It was a fun time even though I crashed the baby shower.

I guess the Gals are trying to make up for our post Priesthood Meeting barbecues that we have done for years for all the guys and older sons to encourage attendance. Conference is a special time and I love it. Bryan and Kristina came and stayed at our home along with Sarah.  So much fun!

Love, Dad

No comments: