Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SUNDAYS MAY NOT BE SO BUSY

My three year stint on the University Single Student Stake High Council has come to an end and I was released on Sunday. I will miss the ward I was assigned to. The Bishop was my son in law, Paul H. It was great because I also got to see Cheryl and her 8 children each Sunday.

It is amazing how these young people grow on you. This ward was very active. There were a great number of returned missionaries, Elders and Sisters and they were wonderful. The activity was impressive. They would run 89% attendance at sacrament meeting. 90% of those who been through the Temple qualified for an active recommend and I would see them there. That would also tell you something about the percentage of full tithe payers.

Their Relief Society meetings were the best. (I got to sneak in there to see what was going on). The Sisters had a great spirit and were so well prepared.

We went to a temple marriage of one of the couples on Friday and to their reception last night. I would on occasion fill in for Cheryl teaching the Marriage Prep and Temple Prep class. I will sorely miss these young, vibrant and faithful members.

I went to our home ward with Mom and sat there with Al's kids which is also a treat. I went to our own Priesthood group and I am one of the younger members. Reality is sometimes just not fair.

Nice to be home

Alles Gute, Dad

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

You will be put to great use each Sacrament meeting. I have several young children who will enjoy being entertained by their Opa!