Saturday, March 30, 2013

FIND MY IPHONE APP

Dear Family,

John was great help today in recovering my Iphone.

Here is one of the few recent shots I have of John, recently moved as a lawyer in a Salt Lake firm.  He was one of the "Chinese road crew" who put in a road on Ricks farm in California.  This is not lawyer garb but pretty good shot.

Speaking of Chinese, I took Mom to "Little World Chinese Restaurant" for our Friday night date.  They have great authentic Chinese food and is down the street on State.  We brought some goodies home for Suz.  When I got home, I missed my iPhone and tried calling it several times and could not hear it at all.

I had installed the Find My iPhone app to help Suz find hers one day.  Got out my iPad ( the grand kids call it the Opad for Opa's Ipad) and started the  iPhone search.  Sure enough it showed up on a google map and looked like it was in the restaurant.

I called the next day  but no one seemed to know anything about it.  John took my password and used his app and sure enough it was still there.  You can view this on a map or on a combined map and Satellite photo.

He went in there and speaking in English explaining that his Dad had ;left the phone there last night but, did not seem to get anywhere.  This is where the Chinese eat so it was packed at lunch time.  Since everyone did not know anything about it, John raised his voice a bit and spoke in Chinese and got everyones attention.  "Look at this satellite picture, the phone is right here in the restaurant, Where is it?" (Sounds great in Chinese!) Finally one of the Chinese men got up and reached under the cash register and retrieved the phone emitting its signal and gave it to John so he was hero of the day.

I would not want to say what they were planning to do with it.  Some said we should not go back there but the food is so good might give them the benefit of the doubt.  Will try to catch up on the blogs; our schedule has been so full lately.

Love you all,
Dad

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

That is a really funny story. I like how bold John is with his Chinese skills!