Saturday, January 19, 2013

JANUARY TRIP TO SPOKANE

Dear Family,

We went up to Spokane this last weekend to see Jeff and Tammy and Rob and Eva and their families.  I also visit Rob's Spokane Eye clinic where I have been getting treatments to the left eye.  I receive an injection in the left eye for macular edema and it works immediately.  I only trust Rob to do this.

We stayed at Jeff and Tammy's this time but there were frequent visits in both places.  They have these 'dinner wars' and both put on the best meals and treats.  This is a combined breakfast at Rob's and there are all the kids.

We had a dinner at Rob and Eva's one night.  Rob cooked the rib eyes perfectly.  I think one can get better steaks at home than in a restaurant.  Eva made a great salad and garlic potatoes.

The next day, Jeff and Tammy put on a lamb roast that was so great with homemade mint jelly.  I lost my appetite during a recent strong bout with the flu but the appetite returned on this trip.  They always go way out to please.

This was a hobby trip after the eye injection.  We went to Cabelas in north Idaho about 6 times and checked on gun stores in the area.  We went to one in Cordelane and it was busy and even the
Mom's were getting involved.  Everyone was stocking up!

Well, I did a little looking myself.   I have been a little depressed after the last presidential  election and one way to get out of a funk is to purchase a new rifle for shooting at the range.

We went to Cabelas in North Idaho (only a few mile from Jeff) and even though my eyes had been dilated and still blurry, I spotted a Pedersali 1886 45/70.  Had to make a snap decision and told them to hold it with a down payment.  When the salesman looked at my license, he turned to Rob and asked if he were a doctor.  Rob said, "yes".  "Do you have a office in Liberty Lake?" " No that is my brother Jeff; this is my Dad and we all three are doctors!"  "Well Dr. Jeff is treating my stepson and doing a nice job!"

With thatI was able to get quite a good deal on the purchase.  I call this the "Jeff Rifle" and here is Jeff at Cabelas.  And yes it did help with the post election blues!  We got Jeff set up to reload ammo and it was all fun.

We combine as much as possible with these trips.  Julius turned 12 and we participated in his ordination to a deacon.  I also gave him his Patriarchal Blessing which is always a very special time and event.  Julius is doing well and I am proud of his progress.

We have to up again in April.  I look forward to it as it is always an adventure.  Oh I should say that the guys were fooling around, Mom and Eva took the kids to a special science museum to which Rob and Eva contribute.  We went to church in Jeff's ward and they are all very nice.

Lots of action here at home.  Suz and the gang are fun all the time.  John and Kaley and kids comes up the first week in February.  They rented a home in the Millcreek area and he will begin his new job at a law firm here in Salt Lake City.  Lot's of family action here.

Love, Dad





No comments: