Sunday, June 26, 2011

WHOOPS AND OH DEAR!

Dear Family,

Well this is one of the adventures of last week. Mom said it was OK to post the insurance pictures and write about this.

We had been tending Paul and Cheryl's kids for a couple of days as they went back to NYC to be at Jon H's announcement of his presidential run. Things went pretty well; I g0t up one morning and cooked Crepes non stop. Mom had just come home from driving the kids all over the map. I heard a thunk from my office, Mom rang the doorbell and announced that she drove the Van into the garage smashing the door. I asked"Why?". Well she hit the accelerator instead of the brake and pounded pretty hard on the brake sending the van through the garage door. Damage to the front of the van and she could not open the driver's door. Here is a picture before the door people came to take off the entire door, motor and track.

Here is what we found when we took off the garage door.. my FJ Cruiser was pinned in the corner and we had to get a wrecker in to lift it up so we could drive it out. Van is in the garage and the Toyota is next. Notice that the refrigerator got totally banged up as well.

Mom was pretty shook up but she is ok and the airbag did not deploy. Hopefully the insurance will help with all the repairs. This is the western equivalent of the Wirthlin Demolition Driveway that we knew so well in Michigan. Our several cars were always in the driveway as the garage had food storage and motorcycles. My little Porsche was backed into several times. There was not a car we owned that did not get whacked in that driveway. One time the Insurance adjuster came to check out some car damage and one of Mike's friends who was over backed into the insurance adjuster cars denting it. Oh well, we are happy no one was injured.

Mom and I spoke is a Young Single Adult ward in Riverton today. Mom spoke on gratitude and a lot of kids came up and thanked her for her talk. I spoke on what I call "Spiritual Navigational Aids" See if you can come up with a list. Patriarchal Blessings was on the list and I spoke of that.

I banged my knee falling in the back hall so have been limping around here. We go to Bear Lake next week during our two week Temple holiday. We will be up there for the 4th of July celebration. Roy and some boys, Doug and several of his boys will be there and use it as a staging center for a backpacking trip in Wyoming.

We love you all, Mom and Dad

2 comments:

Mary Mary said...

Before I even read the post, I saw the picture and thought, "Just like old times... accidents in the driveway." I'm glad no one was hurt.

Mommymita said...

Glad you're okay Mom! The picture sure tells it