Monday, June 6, 2011

MORE MICHIGAN FARM PICTURES

Dear Family,

I thought I would add a few more pictures of the farm it was so stunningly pretty. It was so green and lush and just beautiful.

Here is a shot of the house. We stayed there and it was great. The farm has new status in the stake. I was sitting in a church meeting in Bloomfield Hills and one of the young men got up and announced an Eagle Project at the Wirthlin farm. I was sitting next To Br. Mayo and he mentioned the farm was popular in the stake. I guess Bryan lined p the scouts for a major fix up party. I sat there and thought, "Why didn't I ever think of that scheme?" This is a fund raiser and Bryan pays the scouts to come out and do labor. Then they get to do paint ball wars in the woods.

The Walled Lake Ward wanted to use the place for a Halloween party and Bryan said OK but first you have to come and pt in a good days work. Bry is pretty smart.

Here is a picture of the big barn. Those were our favorite hammock trees.

We rode on the path to the back woods and it was like going through a tunnel of vegetation. Not sure I could clear some places if I were on horseback.

The path is lined with hickory, cherry and apple trees.



We got around to the pond in the back and it was high. It is still full of goldfish from the seven goldfish that Doug dumped in the pong about 15 tears ago. The deer use this trail.





Then there is the great Oak tree in the back. I call this the haunted tree because it looks so much like the trees in Grimm's fairly tales with its great outstretched arms. Spooky at night.

Al and her kids came over a couple of times and we had great campfires and huge marshmellows sticky all over. James, William and Peter were good at starting fires with we wood. Here we all are on the old swing that is still going strong.












And here is a good shot of a queen of the farm, Bryan's daughter,Sarah, who will be a senior in high school next year.

It was so great to see everyone again and one never tires of Michigan.

Love, Mom and Dad




3 comments:

Le Roy Wirthlin said...

So funny, Mom was dozing a bit at her computer and woke up and saw the picture of Sarah and asked, "What was Suzanne doing at the farm?" Strong family physical traits.. I love it!

Dad

Heidi Perez said...

President, that is so pretty! I wish I could go home and visit your farm!

Mary Mary said...

Beautiful pictures. You came at the perfect time.