Saturday, February 26, 2011


Dear Family,

No big get togethers this week; there was a secret unscheduled one mentioned below but there is great news! Eva had her baby girl and Rob and Eva are now the parents of three girls and one boy. Eva had the C section a bit early and the Baby weighed just under 7 1/2 Ponds.

She is one of their smaller babies at birth; Luke who is a chunk weighed 10 pounds. I heard the little girl over the phone when Rob called and she has very husky lungs. Baby and Mom are doing fine. Eva had to spend quite a bit of time on bed rest before the delivery. We are grateful that all are OK. Eva comes out of the Hospital tomorrow. Eva's Mom is there and helping out in the home. We are so blessed with these wonderful grand Kids. Mary who keeps the Family Stats reports that little Elena Louise is # 72. (I thought we had 72 but maybe that was thinking ahead). She certainly looks like a member of the Wirthlin family.

Bina is due in March. Kristina is due in August, so the family continues to grow and we are so grateful for all these great Kids.

Mom and I spoke in a Singles Ward last Sunday. It was packed with about 500 Young Adults. I love speaking in these Wards; they are so alive and full of energy. They do not fall asleep during your talk either.

I brought and showed the six inch knife I surgically removed from the right chest of a young man in Boston some 40 years ago. He was of their same age and somehow lost his way in life, getting on hallucinogenic drugs while in College in the 60's. The Singles paid a lot of attention when I described how the knife was buried in the chest up to the hilt and moving back and forth with each heart beat.

Talked about getting lost, losing ones direction in general and we talked about navigational devices. I then talked about Spiritual Navigational Devices and listed a few; you can make your own list but then I discussed Patriarchal Blessings which was the subject. They did not fall asleep!

We had Becca and Paul and their kids here over President's Holiday. The kitchen was turned into the Iron Chef Stadium again. Becca showed us how to make our own Tortillas with the Mom's Valentine present and they were yummy. And then I noticed how cheap they are in the super marke. Then Becca brought a turkey that she had brined and we smoked it in the smoker and had Doug and his kids over for dinner, giving Kristina a rest. So much fun! (Notice in the picture that Mom is not too impressed with her Valentines present)

Back in our schedule again. We love you all and pray for you daily.

Mit Liebe, Opa u. Oma

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, making your own tortillas. I would love to learn how you do it when you come visit!

Mary Mary said...

Sounds like a great talk. David was intrigued witht the knife.

I love the tortilla press! Even though they are cheap at the store, they are SO much better home-made!

Mommymita said...

I'm impressed with your toritllas!

Try it with spelt and buttermilk sometime.

We are excited for Rob and Eva and love getting all the updates here.

McEntire Family said...

Uncle Roy - my name is Amber and I am married to Bob & Loni's son, Scott. I enjoy your blog and I love sharing the fact that you have 17 kids with those I come in contact with. Congrats on 72 grand babies! That is something! I always look for your Christmas card when we are visiting Scott's parents in Logan each December. What an amazing group! I also about died when I read you send 1,000 Christmas cards. I get tired sending out our 100. Thanks for sharing!