Monday, September 21, 2009

ANDOVER HIGH SCHOOL

We lived in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan for 27 years. All our children, all 17, graduated from Andover High School in Bloomfield Hills.

We had one or more kids as students at Andover each of those 27 years. Recently there was a Andover High School group formed on Facebook and you had to meet the following requirements to join:

"If you were a Andover Baron in the 80's......

you had Mr. Kwasny or Miss Hubel for science...
you had Mr. Dain or Mr. Buford for history...
you took Driver's Ed. with Mr. Shegina...
you listened to WBFH...
you thought that Lahser was the "Leisure School"...
you thought the Baron Village Inn was a real restaurant...
you remember the hockey team going to state finals ...
you knew someone with a Camaro and that was cool...
you knew a Wirthlin ...
you dressed up for Halloween at school...
you wore your collar up on your Izod shirt...y
ou remember when they added the freshmen class...
you used the terms "bogue" and "types" "

I guess we are still rememberd there

Alles Gute, Dad

5 comments:

Mary said...

That is really funny. I finally went inside the school last weekend for the first time since I graduated. Mark, David, and I had a fun time seeing everyone's Senior pictures.

Being back in MI and running again is giving me WEIRD dreams. The other night Mr. Dain was in my dream asking me about my running schedule but I was confused because I had to coordinate practices with my son's Karate. funny dream!

Mary said...

one more comment...

I guess I would qualify for the FB group with 8 of the 13 criteria fitting with me.

Dad Wirthlin said...

Mary, you should join this group. How big is the "Julie Tree" in the courtyard?

Cathy said...

That's a great random Facebook find. We definitely left our family mark on the high school.

Emily said...

I think Cathleen O'Bryan set up this group. Robin Rhein sent me this link. ha ha ha---we're famous! :)