Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a summer!

We have been back from our two week hiatus and have been busy. It was great to be in the Temple again and I do enjoy helping out in the missionary department.

We have another blessing extravaganza coming up. Next Sunday we will have three baby blessings in Sacrament meeting. Mary, Suzanne and Becca will have their babies blessed. Bishop Huntsman is very accommodating to our family as it is a bit unusual. Show up at about 10:30 AM and we usually occupy the entire right side of the chapel. Jeff and Tammy had their baby blessed in Bloomfield Hills with both Grandfathers present.

There will be the family get together at our house after the meeting and I will get the smoker going. This will be another summer family mega event.

But there have been many events. Cathy had a party in Bountiful where all the recent mothers went. They all had a great time. Lactation is the big subject around here and it is odd that I still find it a bit uneasy to hear about "Hooter Hiders" pumps etc. But it is great to see everyone expanding their families.

I received a letter from one of our sister missionaries, whose quote all you recent mothers would appreciate as she announced her pregnancy.

"I really am excited to be pregnant and I really do love it - I just didn't know so many weird things happen to your body while you're pregnant! I thought the baby took over after they were born, but I think they take over before - I eat when the baby wants me to, sleep when he wants me to, throw-up when he wants me to! But it's amazing how much you love them before they are even born and how much you worry about them. It's a really special feeling to be pregnant and have someone with you. I wouldn't trade it for anything - not even being 100% healthy again =)"

So we honor all the mothers and what they go through to multiply and replenish the earth.

This has been a great summer and still going on. We plan to go to Bear lake in August and then back to Michigan for the Michigan, Utah football game.

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

That is funny and so true what she wrote about being pregnant!

Mom can quote her for her book that we all are hoping she will write.