Saturday, August 30, 2014

A GREAT SUMMER VISIT IN SPOKANE

Dear Family,

We had another great visit in Spokane.  I go there so Rob can inject my right eeye and the vision is holding up.

When we got to the airport there was this great welcoming committee of Tammy, Eva and all the kids.  I felt like we just got back from our missions.  Anna made this great banner and we felt welcomed.

We had another feast that night with flown in Maine Lobsters.  Tammy is getting really good at cooking these little critters,

The next day, Jeff and Tammy took us all on a 400 mile road trip.  Here we all are lined up with Jeff's new 12 passenger van.  Eva came with her children too. Couple of the kids double buckled since there were 14 in the car.  I must say that they were the most well behaved kids on any road trip I have been on.

We headed first to Levenworth, WA which is a town built after the manner of a Bavarian village and looks more authentic that Frankenmuth in Michigan.

It definitely had a German flavor with tons of shops and bistros.  The kids and gals all went to various shops to look around.  Jeff took me to the Australian shop where we did a little damage.  I was waited on by a lady originally from Wurzburg and I surprised her when I mentioned a few streets.  Jeff and I went to a restaurant that was pretty good with Jaegerschnitzel, Rotkohl. Spaetzeli and Strudel...really fun.



The kids swarmed me when they got back from the toy and candy shops.  Jeff bought me a little yodeling mouse which we are playing with.

That was fun and I would definitely visit it again.  We then got into the van and drove to the Grand Couley Dam.


The dam was impressive.  This is the largest concrete structure in North America and the largest hydroelectric plant in North America.  It was big.  We toured the visitors center, it got dark and then back to Spokane.

We drove through miles of fruit orchards,  A lot of apples etc, comes out of Washington.  The picking had begun.  We thanked Jeff and Tammy.for that great road trip.

Love, Dad and Mom

1 comment:

Rob said...

What a marathon day! Some great pictures of the welcoming committee and the entire crew in front of the van. Sorry I missed it.