Sunday, April 15, 2012

VISIT TO SPOKANE


Dear Family,  

I went up to Spokane for a few days by myself to visit the families there and to get my eye treated at Rob's Eye Clinic. 

Jeff and Julius picked me up at the airport and took me to their home where there was another surprise birthday party!  Jeff had lobsters shipped in from Maine (Lobsterguy.com) and Tammy was ready to steam them.  Eva and her kids were there and she brought a delicious birthday cake.  Tammy made her corn casserole that I mentioned in the previous post.  It was so great and such a special treat.  

The next day, Jeff and I did some serious hobby stuff with a trip to Cabelas and other stores.  He took me over to Rob's clinic and I had those expensive eye injections again which has really helped my vision. I get the royal treatment there as well.

There are always these dinner wars in Spokane.  Rob and Eva had these steaks with mushrooms cooked perfectly on the grill.  I believe that one can do better by cooking at home than going out as the food is always better at home. While Rob cooked the steaks, Jeff and I watched this rather unusual show on National Geographic called "Doomsday Prepars".  It is preparedness carried to the nth degree and totally weird.  The meal was perfect again.  Here are all the kids at Rob and Eva's with the grilling result as well.
As my vision returned the next day, we went to the range that Rob belongs to on the banks of the Spokane River.  It was gorgeous and here is Rob shooting at 200 yards.  Anna is the smiling assistant.  Jeff came with Julius as we tried to zero in a few rifles.  It is the most beautiful sight there.  Then it was quickly off to the airport after a rather action packed Blitzbesuch in Spokane,
While this was going on, several daughters gathered in Boston for the Boston Marathon.  Cheryl, Mary and Becca were there for the race on Monday.  Cheryl and Mary had qualified for the marathon. It turned out that Cheryl had injured her ankle in Florida and had a stress fracture (when she finally went in for evaluation) and was wearing a boot.  She invited Becca to come and run in her place. They spent Sunday going to the old Weston Ward and visiting old sites in Boston and it will be interesting to hear what happens.

Thanks to Jeff, Tammy, Rob and Eva for a great short but action packed visit.

Love, Dad

No comments: