Sunday, March 18, 2012

TRIP TO SPOKANE

Dear Family,

I am a week behind in reporting on our trip to Spokane.

I went up their to se Rob and his opthamology group to improve my vision.  We flew up on a Thursday night and stayed at Jeff's.  It was great to be there again.  All the kids are getting bigger and  little Leo is talking up a storm.  Little Luke is also very verbal strong little guy.  I love our grandkids.


On Friday, Rob and I did some damage at a favorite store there in Spokane.  We had a lunch at a place featured on "Dinners, Drive ins and Dives," and then went to the eye clinic where I got the royal plus treatment.  I like going there as all are very professional and respectful which is something not found in all clinics.

Rob put me through the paces and found out that the vision had decreased since the last visit.  They decided to try intra ocular injection of a medication that cuts down on macular edema.  Rob did the injection and I did not feel anything.  We had dinner at Jeff's and Tammy must have cooked umpteen courses of her favorite recipes and it was so good.

Saturday was a fun day.  Tammy, Eva and Mom got out the magic mill wheat grinder and went to work,  They ground some wheat, used Rayanne's recipe and baked several loaves of great bread.  Eva is going to begin grinding wheat.

While that was going on, Jeff, Julius, Rob and
went to Rob's gourmet shooting range on the banks of the Spokane River and had a great time there.  We sighted in several rifles, had some pistol practice and just had a great old time.  My eyesight had improved over night and I was grateful for the improvement.

Sunday we went to Jeff's ward and attended the lesson he taught in Sunday School.  We had another great meal with multiple varieties of cooking excellence.  Board games were out again.  We had a nice Family Night.  You cane see the whole gang in the picture above.  Monday morning, I went back to the clinic where improvement in the Macula was documented.  I need to do this every month for three months.  The material injected usually cost $2000.00 a pop and hopefully the insurance will help out.  It is amazing how progress has been made.

Rob and I went to the range again to test out my eyes and sight in a rifle.  There you see three close shots at 100 yards with Rob's 308 grouped with my tired eye.  Not bad.

We had such a good time seeing Jeff and his family and Rob, Eva and their kids as well.  We never seem to get enough of our family wherever they are.

We love you all.

Mom and Dad 

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

sounds like you found a greateye Dr.!

And Jeff always provides the best food!