Monday, February 27, 2012

ANOTHER BUSY SUNDAY

Dear Family.

We had a great Sunday yesterday.  We spoke in the Tongan Single Adult Ward in our Riverton Singls Stake..  I was told that the makeup was Tongan, Samoans and some from the Fiji Islands. When we arrived there. I thought i was in one of those classic paintings of the South Seas.  The young women had very dark hair that was often way down their backs below the waist.  They were all good looking.  The men were big and strong.  I shook the and of the Bishop and it was like grabbing a vise.  They were all most gracious.  The Bishop greeted the ward in Tongan and they replied in Tongan.  Mom and i gave talks; I talked about "Spiritual Navigation", Mom talked about the family as they requested.

The picture shows a young lady who came from a family of 17 children and wanted her picture with Mom.  (taken with my Droid phone). The Bishop's counselor once had a little girl who had cancer and received a blessing by Elder Wirthlin and then surgery and is doing well several years since.

They sang the closing song in Tongan in four part harmony and the Bishopric providing the bass section. It was wonderful.

I had earlier given the lesson on Elder Hales last Conference talk, "Waiting on the Lord".  It was a wonderful talk.  I figured out how to make clips of the Mp3 file of the talk and played them during the lesson.  I told them about Elder Hales as a teenager as we grew up in the old Queens ward in New York.  He was tall, handsome and a great athelete. We crossed paths in Boston as he was the Bishop of the Weston ward and we crossed paths with him again when we moved to Salt Lake.  His talk was especially poignant after having gone through so many medical problems.  We look forward to his contribution to General Conference in April.

We had a nice lunch with Cheryl and her family and participated in their Family Home Evening Then is was a dash home to do a Patriarchal Blessing and then we were tired.  We are looking forward to General Conference the end of March.  The Manwarings are coming up from Virginia and planning to stay with us.  Also had a request from one of our German friends to stay here during conference and I believe we have plenty of room.  We will also start thinking about the missionary reunion on the Friday before conference and of course there is the semi annual Fathers and Sons Barbecue after Priesthood meeting on the Saturday of Conference.

Mom and I go once a week to the Apple store  for lessons on how to use a Mac computer.  I like my Mac book pro and use it a lot and am getting used to it.  Working on photo editing at the moment.

Mom takes her iMac down there and they all know us there.  Mom is making good progress.

We will go up to Spokane for a few days to have Rob check my eyes and we will see Rob and Eva and Jeff and Tammy and all the grandkids. There seems to be quite a bit of family mobility at the moment.  Roy and Bryan were down in California and spent time with Rick at his farm in the Sierras. Some of the girls are training for upcoming marathons.  Lots of action.

We love you all,  Mom and Dad

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like fun! I love the picture of Mom in the mac store!

Suz said...

Dad! Way to learn the Mac. I still haven't switched over. You and Mom will have to teach me. We can't wait to see you this summer.
It is so nice and sunny, come for a visit if you need sunshine. We found a new taco stand. MMMM

Mommymita said...

I love that picture of Mom! I love my Macbook pro

Emily said...

When I went to the Mac store for a lesson on photo editing. The guy recognized mom in one of my pictures and that was a year ago!!! Mom is legendary wherever she goes! :)