Friday, April 16, 2010

BIRTHDAYS IN APRIL



We have about 20 birthdays in April so it is a busy month for all.

I had a benchmark birthday as well. It was a great day! I gave two blessings in the morning, went to a single adult ward conference and then to Cheryl and Paul's house for a dinner. Doug's family was there as well and there was a four course dinner starting with fondue. It was great. Here we are surrounding a homemade Bavarian chocolate cake. Everyone called and I got a lot of well wishing via email and Facebook as well.

Al's
boy, Peter sent me a birthday letter, He is 6 and has taught himself to write in block letters and on his own, sat down and wrote the following. "Dear Opa, it is really something to be alive on the earth for three quarters of a century" Well I had to agree and feel thankful to be here in the "joy in my posterity" phase of life.

Here is the list: Bryan, Roy, Dad, Paul, SWamuel, Camile, Anabelle, Caroline, Rebecca, Madeline, Elise, Allisa, Catherine. Olivia, LKexie, Eva, Henry, David and Andrew!

Love and thanks for all the well wishes,

DAD

1 comment:

Mommymita said...

That looks like a fun party and a yummy cake.

Maryanna tried to send you a letter too but didn't understand stamps and stuck it in an old envelop with a used stamp - it is still here so I'll have to help her mail it

Whenever Maryanna and I chop onions together and our eyes water she says it makes her cry and think about how much she misses you