Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MADELINE'S SWEET SIXTEEN SWEET PARTY


Madeline B. had her Sweet Sixteen birthday party. It was a "50's Formal". Rick and Gemina and one other parent teamed up to do a duo party for these kids from West High School . SLC.

They rented Memorial Hall, had a DJ, food, a snapshot booth and kids in what they thought was 50's outfits and they were pretty good. Here is a picture of the cousins, Catherine, Madeline, Madeline, Natalie, Rachel and the two Dudes, Douglas and Paul. There were about 80 kids there and the placed rocked.

This reminded me of all the Daddy Daughter High School dances I went to in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Having nine daughters, I went to many of these dances over a 20 year period.
One time we had a daughter in each class in high school so I danced with three at once. I was friskier then.


Here is a picture of John H and Emily in their 50's garb, John with his Buddy Holly glasses and Emily in her peddle pushers and white bobby sox. Emily still has the moves and can really twist and shout.



When they finally played some music that you could dance to, I got a chance to dance and twirl the granddaughters around. It was so fun! Here is a picture of Opa and Madeline to fifties music. I danced with Mom too and it was fun.

It is such a blessing to see you granchildren grow older and blossom. "Little" Mary was looking for real estate in Bloomfield Hills. The Real Estate salesman fiqured out who she was and said, "Your father, Dr, Wirthlin, operated on my Father-in-law as no one else would touch him. He removed a large aneurysm and my Father in law lived to see his grandchildren grow older. I am learning what a great blessing this is. And I find what is even greater, is the chance to give them their Patriarchal Blessings.

Life is Good, love, Opa and Oma

4 comments:

Mommymita said...

THat looks like fun! The picture of you and MAdeline looks just like the ones we had at the Daddy Daughter dances.

We should plan for a DJ for the reunion

Dad Wirthlin said...

I was puffin a little at the end but it would be fun to hae a repeat daddy daughter dance.

Emily said...

I agree, we should have a DJ at the reunion. That was a fun time dancing. :)
Dad, it is a wonderful blessing to have you give our children their patriarchal blessings. Having their grandfather give it to them is a very special.

Anonymous said...

Bet she blows dick real good! 16 is where a guy sticks the cock in