Sunday, May 3, 2009

ANOTHER BABY BLESSING


We were invited to a baby blessing of one of our sister missionaries. Here is a picture of Heather Toone Yospe, her husband, Jacob, baby Cambria and her former mission president, me.

These are always joyous times and we are honored to be invited. As I sat there witnessing Jacob pronouncing the blessing and Heather's remarks in the Fast Meeting, I could not have been prouder.

One thing that surprised me a little from our mission experience is that I had so much more room in my heart for these great young men and women who kept themsselves worthy and sacrificed time and finances to serve full time missions. They find a place in the corner your heart. I saw them all every six weeks individually and then would receive a great letter once a week from 160 missionaries. When they were allowed to use the email, I had to get a better printer and would print them off and I would read them during our travels. You become well acquainted with most.

We were released from managing a mission now three and a half years, but I learned we were not released from how we felt about these great young men and women. It is a joy to see them moving on in life; graduating from schools, amassing degrees, finding poitions. It is so great to see them as we are invited to Temple weddings, baby blessings and when they just drop by. Es ist wie eine geistige Adoption die im Herzen immer stehen bleibt.
Alles Liebe,
Opa

2 comments:

TinTin said...

very cool president!

Heather and Jake said...

So glad you were able to come! It's always wonderful to see you, and it's amazing how far you and Sister Wirthlin stretch yourselves! I imagine you have something every week that you attend, since there are so many people who love you guys!