Saturday, April 18, 2009

TEMPLE WEEK


Dear Family,

Mom and I were busy in the temple this last week. I took this picture with my Blackberry waiting for Mom and the car. This is my view of the temple each night I finish working there.

We have started the Monday morning shift which is something President Monson asked the Temple to do. It is a great shift and we see people from all over there and it is quite busy for a morning shift. I got an email from our friends, the Wondras, in Vienna that they saw me on the first Monday.

We also have kept our regular Tuesday and Wednesday evening shifts. But Mom made a trade so we also did a Friday evening shift last night. In the morning we were there as well to witness the marriage of one of our Missionaries. It is such an honor to be invited to those special moments and to meet the parents, grandparents of one of our missionaries. It seemed like I was there all day yesterday and it was just great.

There was great emphasis last Conference on going to the temple. Elder Scott mentioned that with his busy weekly travel schedule, he still has set goals to do his temple work. I know he does because I have met him several times in the temple simply going through. President Monson also asked that we step up our temple work. As I look at our family I notice that there is a temple close to everyone now even for Suz in Mexico City. We are going to try to attend once a month even with our other schedule and hope you will all find time to regularly attend. Some of you have built in baby-sitters.

Lots of birthdays this month and we have been tryng to call as many as possible. We go to Bountiful on Sunday evening to give our Fireside in Cathy's ward. Doug and I will go up to Bear Lake this next weekend for a two day trip to deliver equipment and open the place up.

See you all in the Temple

Love, Dad

No comments: